SEARCH THE BLOG FOR STARS ALREADY FEATURED

OPEN PICTURES IN ANOTHER TAB AND CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE

Custom Search

Thursday, June 12, 2008

All about Ibinabo Fiberesima of Nollywood

Born to an Okirika father and an Irish mother, Ibinabo lived with her grandmother for the greater part of her childhood and adolescent years. The second child in a family of six, she studied English Language and Literature at the University of Ibadan from where she graduated in 1994. Apparently destined for greatness in showbiz and entertainment, she didn't work with her degree for one day as she got 'The Pyramid' night club as birthday and graduation present from her ex-boyfriend. "I got the night club the month I came out of school, so I just started doing business. I preferred a night club because I am a karaoke freak, I love karaoke, I love to sing."
Below is a self authored biography of the talented actress culled by this blog from her wesite.



Ibinabo Fiberesima is a lady of many parts. Beauty queen, actress, pageant organizer, former club owner, and – above all, a very level headed multiple business owner. An excerpts of an interview she granted recently is reproduced below which was culled from www.naijarules.com. Please read on.




KHAMILEON: Welcome to NAIJARULES (AN ON LINE MAGAZINE)

IBINABO: Thanks

KHAMILEON: Because of your looks there have been many theories about your background. Please tell us a bit about yourself.

IBINABO: I am mixed. My dad is Nigerian and my mum is Irish.

KHAMILEON: There was a rumor that you contested in some beauty pageant in the past, can you tell us more about that.

IBINABO: Yes, when I was younger I did the Most beautiful girl in Nigeria, I was second runner up, I then did Miss Nigeria and I was first runner up and finally I did Miss Wonderland and emerged the queen.

KHAMILEON: You caught everybody’s attention in the movie “CAMOUFLAGE” Apart from your performance there, you were also the very first to put on Bikini on screen (Nigerian movie). What was your experience in making that movie, and did you get any criticism from the public?

IBINABO: Amazing not one critic spoke, well to my knowing, it was the first time and I should hope I complimented the bikini or it complimented me. Whichever, it was a lot of fun doing that movie, coz it was a girl thing and the excitement was amazing. We shot in Yaba Tech, and most of the girls that we used their rooms, were actually telling us how it was really done. I enjoyed playing that role a lot

KHAMILEON: Have you always wanted to be an actress, or it’s something you stumbled into?

IBINABO: Honestly, I stumbled into it and I am having the time of my life. No regrets

KHAMILEON: Which was your first movie, and what was the experience like?

IBINABO: “MOST WANTED”. It was a real shock to me. It took me forever to get into character; I did not have a clue what was up, but then my friend Regina Askia Williams helped me out a lot and Ayo Adesanya, so it became easy after a while.

KHAMILEON: All of a sudden you disappeared after doing some movies, and you just only resurfaced. What happened, why did you disappear?

IBINABO: Well woman wahala, or do I blame the Men. I started having children, and wanted to bond with my children. I did that and now I am back.

KHAMILEON: Since your return last year, how many have you done so far?

IBINABO: I have done 7 to date.

KHAMILEON: You have worked with so many actors, which of them do you like working with the most and why?

IBINABO: I enjoy working with Ramsey Noah a lot, because he is my friend. And we always have a good laugh. Also I have met a lot of new faces and they have all warmed up to me. Zack Orji, Peter Bruno, Enebeli Elebuwa too, is someone I enjoy working with. Alex Osifo, Frances Duru. I respect him a lot too.

KHAMILEON: And you have also worked with so many actresses, which of them do you like working with the most and why?

IBINABO: Actresses, Augusta Ikifha, (My sister in law in “Mortal Sin”) Genevieve Nnaji in “Camouflage”, Lolo Dora in “Burning Bible”, Tina my mum in “Jackie Philips” and a lot more StephNora in “Ladies Night”.

KHAMILEON: The Nigerian movie Industry is growing big everyday, and more people are into Nigerian movies now. So it’s no surprise that people (Especially in the Diaspora) wont settle for just any movie, still so many movies are below standard. Some of the things I hear from fans are… 1, Over-recycled stories 2, Actors/Actresses looks fake on screen 3, Stories without good plots. 4, poor scripts or the directors are not doing their jobs. To you, what is the cause of these problems?

IBINABO: I would say everyone is trying to cash in quickly, which is a typical Nigerian thing. Sometimes I read some scripts and I wonder why anybody will sit down and not think before writing. Its sad but it will take a while b4 we catch up. But we will.

KHAMILEON: Generally in the arts, the fans play a very vital role in the survival of artists. If the fans stop buying your products you are out of business. In Nigeria are Actors/Actresses in touch with their fans? Do they care about what the fans has to say? I mean what would you do if your fan says. “I don’t like the way you act, you need to take an acting class to improve,” would you take it and give it a good thought or would you get annoyed.

IBINABO: Personally, I will take it to heart. There is a site I go to, to read about Nigerian films, reviews, what they think of the artist and all, it has really helped me a lot in my career. I remember what they have complained about and work on it to make me a better person. Not that I would change what I am doing because of bad belle oh.

KHAMILEON: Though talent is what’s most important in the arts, but a little beauty won’t hurt anybody. Now I have noticed that once some of our actresses’ start making some money, they start over-feeding and stuffing themselves up. Apart from looking good I think they should also be concerned about their health. Don’t you people talk about stuff like that and ways to deal with it?

IBINABO: It’s really up to the artist I think. I want to look good whenever. You feel me?

KHAMILEON: I saw pictures of you at a beauty pageant in one of these Eastern countries. Apart from acting what else do you do?

IBINABO: I organize Beauty Pageants. I took the Miss Nigeria to Japan for the Miss International pageant and Miss Earth pageants in Manila also the Miss Intercontinental in China. My company holds all three licensees for Nigeria. Put it this way I am the National Director for these pageants in Nigeria. I will be hosting Miss Africa 2004 in Nigeria come August.

KHAMILEON: There is also the rumor that you once owned the “PYRAMID NIGHT CLUB IN LAGOS.” Is there any truth to it and what happened to the club?

IBINABO: Yes it is not a rumor. Owned it and closed it. Capice?

KHAMILEON: You are based in London, but you are mostly in Nigeria shooting movies.

IBINABO: I travel a lot.

KHAMILEON: There are so many good Actors/Actresses and Directors in Nigeria. I want you to name five actors that you admire the most.

IBINABO: Frances Duru
Clem Ohameze
Enebeli Elebuwa
Ramsey Noah
Nkem Owoh

KHAMILEON: I also want you to name Five Actresses you admire the most in Nigeria

IBINABO: Myself
Liz Benson
Omotola Jolade-Ekinde
Genevieve Nnaji
Rita Dominic

KHAMILEON: Finally I want you to name Five Directors that you admire the most in Nigeria

IBINABO: Zeb Ejiro
Ndubuisi Oko
Theodore Anyanji
Chico Ejiro
Adim Williams

KHAMILEON: Do you watch Nigerian Movies? If yes name your top five favorite

IBINABO: “Pastor’s wife”
“Osoufia in London”
“Dream Lover”
“Out of love”
“Mortal sin”

KHAMILEON: There must be some Actors/Actress that you have not worked with before that you would like to work with, can you name some of them?

IBINABO: Omotola Jolade-Ekeinde
Rita Dominic
Bimbo Akintola
Genevieve Nnaji (again)
Eucharia Anunobi
Shan George

KHAMILEON: To my knowledge, apart from the KISS SCENE with LIZ BENSON (“DAPO JUNIOR”), BATH SCENE with EUCHARIA (“GLAMOUR GIRLS 2” ) and a few others, most of the romantic scenes in Nigerian movies are still too fake. Now if we decide to do a LOVE STORY together, with “A LOVE SCENE” I want to take it to the next level, almost like what you see in Hollywood. Would you be bold enough to take up that challenge or it’s something too big for you? (OF CAUSE THAT PART WOULD BE SLASHED OFF THE NIGERIAN RELEASE BECAUSE OF THE CENSORS BOARD).

IBINABO: I am Game, as long as I will be in the scene with a reputable person

KHAMILEON: Talking about censorship, what do you think about the Nigerian Censorship Board?

IBINABO: No comment.

KHAMILEON: There is also the rumor that you sing too, is there any truth to that? If yes do you plan to record an album someday?

IBINABO: I do. I would love to soon I hope.

KHAMILEON: KHAMILEON’S video clip for “INDIAN LOVE SONG” is receiving good airplay in Nigeria and London (Ben Tv). Lots of people are going crazy over his “VIDEO GIRL” (even girls) but he is insisting it’s you he wanted to play his “LOVE INTEREST” on that Video clip. So what happened? Why where you not on that Video?

IBINABO: I was traveling a lot at the time of shoot, so I will make it up to him.

KHAMILEON: Ok, back to the movies There is also this rumor that some stars are letting their success get into their head and they treat their fans bad. Are you like that?

IBINABO: Who! ME? Hell, NO! I love my fans to bits. Will always do. I will soon have my fan site up and running,. They keep me going.

KHAMILEON: Are you a romantic person?

IBINABO: Very, maybe too much of a romantic

KHAMILEON: What qualities do you look for in a guy?

IBINABO: Honesty.

KHAMILEON: Describe an ideal romantic date with a guy

IBINABO: Candle light dinner with a nice bottle of red wine.

KHAMILEON: What do you think can be done to help the young film Industry?

IBINABO: Focus

KHAMILEON: Finally what message do you have for your fans?

IBINABO: Love you all and thanks for always being there for me. I won’t disappoint you. Promise.

KHAMILEON: Whenever I set up a date, I will invite you to come and chat with your fans will you do that?

IBINABO: I would love to. It would be nice to know them personally.

KHAMILEON: It’s been nice chatting with you and I hope to have you on again.

IBINABO: Anytime. I enjoyed this. Thanks

3 comments:

  1. ...i guess this was pre-Fred Amata, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you!!! I am so proud of you... JC (Marines)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you!!! I am so proud of you... JC (Marines)

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop your comments (No spamming pls)


Dedicated to the memory of Teslim Olamilekan Suleiman (1992 - 2005) [Click Image to read about him]