SEARCH THE BLOG FOR STARS ALREADY FEATURED

OPEN PICTURES IN ANOTHER TAB AND CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE

Custom Search

Friday, September 12, 2008

I started Acting by Chance - Maureen Solomon of Nollywood

Background:

Maureen Solomon is an Igbo girl. I’m a simple girl from Isochi in Abia State. I come from a family of seven that is, including my parents. I’m the second and second girl. 

Beginning

I started acting in 2001 till date. I wouldn’t say I started by mistake, it was by chance. Actually, I bumped into an audition. I went there to look for my sister who was attending the audition but when I got there, I was asked to be part of the audition and I got the role.

Most of the things that happen in my life do so when I’m not prepared, just like acting, and I’m stuck with it because I just love it.

Movies shot

Now, I don’t know but I’ve done quite a number of movies.

Shot into limelight

I owe my shot into limelight to two movies because the first movie that people really got to know me for was "Not without my Daughter", we shot the movie in Jos. It was done by Lucky Joe, then the one that really got me popular was "Women Affair" by Annex Merchandise. So I owe my shot into limelight to these two movies.

Challenges

Not really much. Just trying to cope with the industry, to be myself and then outside people normally place us where we are not. It takes a lot to be yourself outside. That’s about the challenges for now.

Comfortability

Well, right now am not lacking anything, so it’s okay for now.

Embarrassing Moments

None except when people see you on the road and begin to shout your name, it’s not that embarrassing, it’s something you have to live with.

Nolllywood

I really pray for it to grow more than where it is now. It’s really going wide, years before now nobody envisaged that it was going to be like this and definitely it’s going to go higher.

Male fans

I try. Most of the times some of them are stubborn, some polite, some nice. But I try to be plain to them, whatever they want, I just tell them my mind.

Heartbreak

Well, I have never broken any body’s heart and mine has never been broken. We part as friends when the need to part arises.

Most challenging roles

Most of the roles I play are challenging because first, it’s not my character. I’m still expecting the most challenging although there was this movie I took part in and it was my first time of playing an elder sister to someone that you know is older than you. At first, it was like I could or could not carry it and besides, that was my third lead role so I wasn’t sure of myself but after some scenes, I picked up and it was okay.

Artistes admired

Well, for the female artistes, I love Stella Damascus - Aboderin. She’s one actress I know that is there. She has depth. She is good. Genevieve, Eucharia Anunobi-Ekwu are also good. Then for the elderly ones, I like Ngozi Ezeonu and Shola Sobowale, these two women are just too good.

Then for the guys, I love Richard Mofe Damijo, Ramsey Noah, Emeka Ike, but in all of them Stella is just my number one.

Hobbies

I like locking myself inside the room watching movies. I don’t go out. I don’t hang out, I’m too lazy to hang out.

Advice

For the girls, have a focus of what you want to do first, not just being a star. If you feel being a star is your sole target then when you come in, many things are going to go under water but if you’re focused and you know where you’re coming from and where you’re going to somethings would not just come and take you like that. They should be careful and know what they want.

Sexual Harassment

I hear that everyday but no, it has never happened to me. But before one gets harassed, definitely you must have shown the red light or green light. For me, I just get to location, do my job and leave.

Act Nude

No girl, I will not. I’m an Igbo girl and I will not act nude for any amount of money. I know the family I come from and I know what I want in life. I can’t do it.

Stardom

I’ve really been trying. Sometimes I just don’t know what to do. I’m trying so hard not to make everyone unhappy, especially when they go like oh! Maureen and all that. The whole thing is just being yourself. If you are yourself, anybody that wants to get pissed off at you, then, that is the person’s problem but if they like you, then they like you and there are no two ways about it.

Fees

It’s good but I still hope it gets better.

Me and my guy

Oh yes, I love him and he loves me. I don’t know about wedding bells, but we are praying for it. He loves me for who I am and I love him for who he is. God, he’s himself, he’s not fake, he’s honest and most importantly, he loves me and I mean I can’t ask for more and I count myself lucky to have him.

culled from http://odili.net/news/source/2006/mar/4/514.html

2 comments:

  1. nice article..i am from india ,i had not seen a similar blog about bollywood.thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ATTENTION: Hello viewers the 2018/2019 nollywood movie audition is here again,are you talented and you want to join the Nollywood Movie Industry.This is your Opportunity to Join the Nollywood Movie Industry as an actor, actress, director, scriptwriter, costume agent cinematographer etc.Come join us let’s shape your dreams also guide and walk you to the top.Application Form Are Currently On Sales Now,hurry now and get the form for the AUDITION.REGISTER NOW at IMMORTAL and ELSHALDAL MOVIE PRODUCTION,REGISTRATION IS FREE!! Visit us via mail:nollywoodmoviesnigeria10@gmail.com or contact our helpline 07046487001/07016186060,to learn more about nollywood auditions and to get informations on how to register with us to make your career a successful one!!Registration closes soon. CONTACT US +2347046487001.
    NOTE:It is obvious that a good number of Nigerian youths are currently searching for how to join Nollywood or how to become actresses/actors in Nollywood. Fraudsters and pretenders are equally aware of this fact and are constantly on the prowl trying to prey on these innocent career seekers both online and offline.do not send money to fraudsters or be involved in any form of dubious registration And the registration form is free.
    GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop your comments (No spamming pls)


Dedicated to the memory of Teslim Olamilekan Suleiman (1992 - 2005) [Click Image to read about him]